Rights to privacy
In handling your personal information, we are required to comply with the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) (‘Act’) and any privacy principles enacted under the Act. This policy may be updated from time to time.
What kinds of personal information do we collect?
Personal information is information that identifies an individual or from which an individual’s identity can reasonably be ascertained. During the provision of our services, we may collect your personal information.
When you use our website, we may collect statistical information relating to your use of this website, including:
- your server address;
- your IP address;
- the pages you accessed and documents downloaded;
- the website you visited immediately prior to accessing this website;
- your navigation patterns; and
- the type of browser you are using.
- Depending on your use of our website, we may collect further personal information. The kinds of personal information that we may also collect include your name, date of birth, address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
How do we collect personal information?
Generally, we collect your personal information directly from you, such as by requesting that you provide your personal information when you fill out an application form or other similar document or submit information to us via our website. There may be other occasions when we collect your personal information from you or from other sources, such as from a publicly maintained record or from an information services provider.
Why do we need your personal information?
We collect your personal information for the purposes of:
- conducting marketing and promotional activities;
- providing you with access to our website and other related services;
- responding to queries and feedback you submit to us;
- administer contests or competitions which we conduct from time to time;
- if applicable, assessing your application for the upcoming event
- facilitating our internal business operations;
- for planning, research, product development and customisation;
- providing you with information about our products or services that may be of interest to you;
- accounting, billing and other administrative purposes; and
- any other legal requirements which we must comply with.
You are under no obligation to provide your personal information to us. However, without receiving certain information from you, we may not be able to provide our services to you.
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
The types of organisations to which we may disclose the personal information you provide us with include:
- any third party service provider which we may engage to provide administration, process payments (including PayPal), technology, auditing, mailing, printing or other services, including website administration services;
- Government authorities where required to by law; and
- our professional advisers (including legal and accounting firms, auditors, consultants and other advisers).
- Security of your personal information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is protected against misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may hold personal information in both hard copy and electronic forms in secure databases on secure premises, accessible only by our authorised staff.
However, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information transmitted to us via the Internet.
Can you access the personal information that we hold about you?
Under the Act, you have a right to access your personal information that is collected and held by us. If at any time you would like to access or change the personal information we hold about you, or you would like more information on our approach to privacy, please let us know.
To obtain access to your personal information, we may request that you provide us with proof of your identity. This is necessary to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected.
We will take all reasonable steps to provide access to your personal information within 30 days from your request. In less complex cases, we will attempt to provide information within 14 days.
If providing you with such access requires a detailed retrieval of your personal information, a fee may be charged for the cost of such retrieval and supply of information.
Amendments to policy
Our policy may be updated from time to time. We shall ensure the current version of the policy is available at our websites located at www.AustraliaClassic.com.au
How to contact us
For further information or enquiries regarding your personal information, please contact us at info@AustraliaClassic.com.au
At all times, privacy complaints:
- will be treated seriously;
- will be dealt with promptly;
- will be dealt with in a confidential manner; and
- will not effect your existing obligations or effect the commercial arrangements between you and us.
We will commence an investigation into your complaint. You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint following the completion of the investigation. In the event you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may refer the complaint to the Federal Office of the Privacy Commissioner.